Animal Care Attendant
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Benefits:||With full-time position|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Practice:||Allison Lane Animal Hospital|
|Description:||Vision VetCare, LLC is seeking to immediately fill the position of Animal Care Attendant to assist in the kennel at the Jeffersonville, Indiana location. As a Vision VetCare, LLC employee, you will have a wealth of resources- from competitive compensation to generous benefits, as well as the flexibility to maintain a healthy work/life balance. |
Animal Care Attendants are responsible for proper husbandry care of all hospitalized and boarded animals, including feeding, bathing, record keeping and the cleanliness of cages, runs and ward areas. In addition, the kennel staff also is responsible for the cleanliness of the hospital.
- Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
- Can work unaffected in an environment where dogs are barking.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays to be considered for an animal care attendant position.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals and food bags (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.